Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere'
(04-09-2020, 05:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Why is this narrative still going on?  It is public knowledge that we are now considered a base 3-4 hybrid.  We made Reader the highest paid NT in the NFL for a reason.  Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard are now LBers.  Shawn Williams will/should be playing hybrid LB/S hybrid. Bynes will start at ILB most likely with Pratt.  There are still other LBers on the roster to step up for the 2 ILBers spots.  This defense in most cases will only have one or two true LBers on the field at one time.  This draft needs to be offense, Offensive Line to be specific.  You are drafting a QB at the number one overall pick, protect him at all costs.  One LBer in this draft, hopefully Murray at 33.  If he is not there then take the best player available that is a spot of need.  Picks 1 and 33 need to start day 1...A WR is not going to start day 1...A DT/NT is not going to start day 1....A safety is not going to start day 1... A CB is not going to start day 1.....three positions have a chance to start day 1...RT, any guard, ILBer

Just my thoughts...have a great day!!

Spazz, I like a lot of your thoughts. Although, with the possibilities of either or both Ross and AJ not being on the roster next year, I feel it's imperative that they take a WR to groom with Burrow right away. 
And even this year, are you comfortable with Ross or Tate at the X out wide? 
They'd prefer to have Boyd in the slot and AJ at the Z. 
I'd debate that if they were to take a Higgins/Shenault/Mims/Aiyuk/Claypool....even a Pittman,Van Jefferson, Antonio Gandy they all could very easily be competing for a spot outside with AJ this year. Their competition is Ross and Tate. So, their odds would be pretty good IMO....

Another point is that you don't just draft for this year but for the next few years. 
We'd all have to be thinking that the possibility of WJ III, AJ, Ross, Hart, and S Williams all won't be there next year. And, you have to bring in draft picks now to start competing and grooming for those spots. 

I'd love an Epenesa to put in that rotation of Dunlap, Hubbard and Lawson
I'd love a Winfield Jr or Delpit to get in the rotation with Bates/Bell/Williams
I'd love a Fulton/Jaylon Johnson to get in the mix with our DBs 

I feel the Bengals have many different routes they can take at #33 (or wherever they trade down to) lol 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow: 'I've won everywhere' - JerseyDD09 - 04-09-2020, 10:21 PM