Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading down in the 3rd makes more sense!!
(04-11-2020, 11:02 PM)McC Wrote: From what I've seen, I'd say most people saying trade down from 33 are including the caveat that you trade if a first rounder hasn't slid down.  Not all but most.  At the very least, you're almost bound to get some very interesting calls and some appealing offers.  That is going to be a very interesting overnight.

Considering most drafts have less than 15-20 guys with a first round grade, the chance of a first rounder making it into the second is a slim proposition.  The value at the top of the second round comes from teams who are desperate to fill a position in which the draft is thin.  They are willing to give up later picks because they do not feel the depth in the draft is adequate to fulfill their need once they are on the clock at their current position.

With that said, you are 100% correct that there should be some appealing offers for that pick.  I have a feeling that someone might fear Detroit and/or Washington taking a QB and be willing to cough up a really nice package to get in there...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trading down in the 3rd makes more sense!! - jfkbengals - 04-11-2020, 11:44 PM