Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of offense will we see in 2020?
I would like to see a balanced attack like LSU ran. It seemed like they passed it a ton but they really ran it half the time.

Sounds like three wideouts a lot of the time with our personnel, a tight end and a running back. Sometimes you go two wide and two tight ends, or 4 wide and a back. But our personnel would say 3 wide a lot of the time.

If we could just draft a stud interior lineman to open holes in the running game out of a 3 wide set we could be pretty good and balanced—or have a guard like MJ emerge. I know guard isn’t the strength of the draft and a right tackle is more likely. Maybe theres a player that can play both? Of course Jonah has to come on and solidify LT. we need better play at right tackle. And we need our guards to emerge in the run game. Its good that the offensive line had a year to gain some chemistry and momentum before Burrow comes in. A lot of young players got their feet wet and learned and grew.

Im excited about Burrow. If he can keep the defense off balanced it’ll make everyone else better. Of course the play calling needs to match and our running game needs to start off a lot better than last year. Yeah we warmed up late in the season but we couldn’t run on anyone early in the year (when we faced our best competition).

Overall it’ll take some time for everyone to gain some chemistry and get going. It took Burrow a year to really get going at LSU so i expect the same here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What kind of offense will we see in 2020? - Bengalstripes9 - 04-13-2020, 12:15 AM