Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Riser and Faller?
(04-13-2020, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Its 10 days until the draft so I'd like to see who everyone thinks is going to rise way above or fall way below the draft projections.

My Riser is Marlon Davidson Auburn DT/DE. I think he will go top 15. Everyone talks about his teammate Derrick Brown and at the Senior Bowl it was Javon Kinlaw but Davidson was the best Defensive Tackle in mobile. He showed a diverse set of pass rush moves that Kinlaw didn't...This draft is light on pass rushers and a guy that can play 3 or 4 tech that can rush thr passer I believe will climb on draft day.

My faller is Tee Higgin Clemson WR. Higgins is projected as an X receiver in the NFL an X has to be able to beat press coverage. Higgins in the two biggest games of the year against top physical press corners (Okudah, Arnette, Fulton, Stingley) looked bad. He followed that up with very bad testing at his pro day. I can see Higgins falling to the 3rd round because of the WR draft class.

I think the draft will be very unpredictable past Burrow and Young.

All of the teams will be working off of incomplete information.  They are also not going to be able to run individual workouts or have their doctors personally check out injuries before the draft.  The draft experts also aren't going to be able to rub elbows with scouts to help set their big boards.  The info they do get is getting fed to them by agents primarily and what little they may get from teams is likely misdirection.  On top of that, OTA's will be limited or completely wiped out, so teams are going to be prioritizing guys that can come in and contribute quickly over project players.

I see guys with injury flags falling, like Dye, ADG, and Shenault.  Small school guys are also going to drop more than usual because they're learning curves are much steeper and they have less time to adjust, so I can see guys like Chinn and Dugger dropping.  Teams are probably going to prioritize multi-year starters from big boy conferences that they can vet on film against other top competition, particularly guys with high football IQ's.  Evan Weaver is a guy I can see going a lot higher than projected. You'll likely see some big reaches based on need simply because teams can't have as much confidence in later prospects. You'll also likely see teams with big holes trying to move up and secure their guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Who is your Riser and Faller? - Synric - 04-13-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Who is your Riser and Faller? - Whatever - 04-13-2020, 03:46 PM
Who is your Riser and Faller? - BenZoo2 - 04-13-2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Who is your Riser and Faller? - J24 - 04-13-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: Who is your Riser and Faller? - McC - 04-17-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: Who is your Riser and Faller? - McC - 04-17-2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Who is your Riser and Faller? - Nati#1 - 04-18-2020, 12:10 AM