Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on the Dan Patrick Show
(04-13-2020, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think this was a case of variables.
ZT may have wanted to change up the players last year, but the FO saw most of the players start the year off 4-1 in 2018, so he didn't want to change much.
Now that the season resulted in 2-14, ZT may have convinced the FO that the players needed to be changed out.
This is now ZT's chance to prove that the issue was the players, not the scheme/coaching.
Depending on the success this year, we may see coaching/playcalling changes in 2021 (or sooner).

Talk about variables.  The opposing teams got a vote on Taylor's play calling.  They saw a bad defense and a bad offensive line.  Taylor lost most games before they started since the trenches would be controlled by the other team.  His play calling, for which I saw little, might have failed to outsiders simply because the lines were getting beat time and time again.  Anyway now it's his team now, Marvin's influence is disappearing by the day.  New lines, new QB, new secondary all will start whenever the season does and then I think we'll see what he knows as a coach.

I see no reason to doubt him.  He has done what I once considered the impossible, he did a heist on Mike Brown's bulging wallet.  The guy is persuasive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor on the Dan Patrick Show - bengals1969 - 04-13-2020, 06:20 PM