Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on the Dan Patrick Show
(04-13-2020, 07:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was skeptical about Zac Taylor having his hands on the offense from the get-go because he was a QB Coach going to HC/Playcaller (and his disastrous year at UC as OC).

Skepticism turned into certainty that he had no business being anywhere near playcalling in Week 5. The Cardinals came in with the 32nd ranked defense against TEs and the Bengals didn't even TARGET a TE under 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter. 

Think about that. He had a week to prepare against the worst TE defense in the league, had added 3 TEs to the roster in the offseason (Eifert, Uzomah, Sample) and didn't call an attempted pass to a TE until more than half the game passed. That's an inexcusable lack of common sense where the standard response of "do you think you could do better?" is actually valid to answer with "yes". 

He had his full roster of TEs at the time, he just didn't use them.

Definitely inexcusable for sure against the Cards, plus the 4th and 1 with Dalton in the shotgun and calling a run play was
one of the biggest head scratchers I have ever saw. One thing that I remember hearing was Zac would just give Dalton a 
handful of plays and let him pick which one he wanted to run. If this is the case, some of this is on Dalton.

(04-13-2020, 07:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was about to say the same thing. It's amazing that he's been able to open up the Brown family coffers, but let's be real. His playcalling was atrocious last year. He still needs to prove he can be a good play caller or at the very least find someone who can call plays. I'm optimistic about him improving because he's had more experience, but let's not get too out of hand.

I hope that the Bengals grow to he a powerhouse, but let's see what they can do first. I'm hoping the Burrow/Taylor era will have us lifting up some trophies or at the very least see some progress where Lewis couldn't.

How did I get too out of hand? I simply said I think Zac might turn this thing around?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor on the Dan Patrick Show - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2020, 07:56 PM