Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-16-2015, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sometimes when we ask questions about this sort of thing, no answer will ever satisfy us.

A person can eat and drink food that is not to their liking for days on end and find less satisfaction from a tiny morsel of something that just hits the right spot. I could eat pounds of kale and have less satisfaction in that than in one bite of a wurst. But someone else could be just the opposite. Faith, spirituality, religion, it's like that. It's a very personal thing that satisfies that need in your life better than any other. For some, their spiritual fulfillment is just the natural world, for some it is someone they love, for others it is one of the many religions.

It's something that all of us have a need to have satisfied. To each their own on how it is done.

I guess the question is, at what point does something become hard enough to believe that there's no sense in believing it anymore?

To be honest, I did find an answer that satisfied me. And that answer was that Christianity is just another religion, just like all the ones I've never been a part of. It is a mixture of myth and history that offers (wrong) answers to complex questions, and an emotional relief to human beings who are naturally anxious about things like death, suffering, their self-worth, their moral failings, etc. It has some appealing moral lessons along with some truly abhorrent ones. It offers a unique view into the pre-scientific views of an ancient people; good, bad and ugly. It is worth learning about, but ultimately, not worth believing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - GodHatesBengals - 10-16-2015, 02:40 PM