Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-16-2015, 02:27 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Is man anymore "developed" now than they were thousands of years ago from a religious standpoint? I'd say no.  

If your argument was God only intercedes when necessary, then the Garden of Eden story seems like the most opportune time. 

And why would God create the world initially without evil, if indeed he thought a world minus evil was such a bad thing?  Are you saying that ultimately his desire was for Adam and Eve to eat the fruit after all?  

And I would argue there would be no Christians, because he would have never had to send his son to Earth to be killed in the first place.  

Depends on how you look at it while the major religions (christainty is like 3rd on the list) still have large numbers of followers the Number of non believers is growing so in that standpoint yes we are more developed. I like history and when you look thru history the story of a birth on the 25th of decemeber to a virgin isnt the first with christ. and thruout history Religion was used to control the uneducated masses with fear... one of the main reasons i cannot believe in any religion is they dont acknowledge each other.. If 1 god can exist more can as well. especially if a god is created by our belief in it. the other main reason is i think thruout the history of man before written text the story of god was personified from knowledge of the stars/sun/planets. to make the stories easier to remember and pass on to the next generation

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - XenoMorph - 10-16-2015, 03:16 PM