Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-07-2020, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: A lot of people see him going in the first.  For some reason, I get several mocks a day sent to my phone.  My informal survey of the many I've seen says that the overriding thought seems to be he'll go in the first. 

A WR making the jump from college to pro comes down to four things--

Is he tough?   Can he get open?  Can he catch?  Will he work his ass off?

There's a fifth question but it's the same one for all players and that is can he stay on the field?

I don't know how hard Jefferson works, so I won't even attempt that one.

From what I saw in maybe five of his games last year, he took big hits and got up, he got open and he caught the hell out of the ball.

Don't know anything about off the field, but on the field,  he sure looks like the real deal.

I'm just wondering what you don't like about him.  The only possible issue I see is that he's been a slot receiver.

There it is.  He could probably play outside, but if I am an NFL team drafting a WR that high, I am putting him where he is best suited and that is in the slot.  He looks to be a VERY capable WR and could eclipse what Tyler Boyd has done here...and we all like Boyd.  Kind of interesting because as I remember it, some folks had Boyd as a first rounder (he broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt) but he was in Rd 2 as it was a pretty deel WR class.  Should be interesting for Jefferson.

That being said, for the Bengals, I want a guy that can play outside...and for that, I really like Mims.  If Mims is gone, I hope they can trade back and get Claypool.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33.... - SHRacerX - 04-17-2020, 10:09 AM