Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Official Bengals Message Board Mock Draft Round 2 Summary
Just to chime in... I felt guilty getting AJ for the Packers for basically a 4th round pick. But hey, that's probably his value right now--which is why trading him now would be a bad move in my opinion. If we are to trade him (or any player), it should be when their value is high. With Dalton it's different. We need the cap space and have a better player to replace him. With AJ, there is no better player to replace him. We can afford to pay him. He makes our team better. Dalton doesn't make our team better if we have Burrow.

From the Packers perspective, they are getting a great deal. This move could propel them to a Super Bowl if AJ stays healthy--and he probably will. He's had ample time to heal and get even stronger. He'll come back extraordinarily hungry. Burrow and AJ would be a great combo, as would Rodgers and AJ.

On Claypool... I really like Claypool. He's new to the position, which you have to keep in mind. But he's a good route runner, and will only get better. Athletically he's extraordinary. He's fast. He's big. He can jump. He can catch. He can get better at boxing out and playing the ball in the air. But he's been getting better year after year, despite poor QB play. He's great after the catch. He's the best blocking WR in the draft. He's a much better blocker than the tight end out of Notre Dame. In my opinion he's a first round talent. You put him with a good QB like Brees or Rodgers or Burrow, etc... he'll grab 10 TDs. No problem. I would compare him physically to Mike Evans. He's a great chess piece, and a player on the rise. If the Bengals take a WR at 33 I'd want Claypool. I'd prefer they go with a linebacker or offensive lineman--hold onto AJ, grab a wideout a little later. But if the best player on the board is a wideout, go for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Official Bengals Message Board Mock Draft Round 2 Summary - Bengalstripes9 - 04-17-2020, 08:28 PM