Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech.
(04-17-2020, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: This is what confuses the hell out of a non-draft-ophite like me.

Five guys will say a player is awesome and five will say he sukks, which is why I've never even attempted a mock.  I have no idea who to listen to.

Here is my take:  He played for one of the worst defenses in the Big 12, and considering how poor defenses are in the Big 12, that is saying something.  Brooks led his team in tackles as a TRUE FRESHMAN.  He has very solid tackling abilities and excellent sideline-to-sideline range.  His knock about coverage is a bit of a mystery to me.  He was asked to do a ton at Texas Tech.  Say what you will about the defenses in the Big 12, the offenses are for real.  Tons of empty sets and 5 receiver options.  He had NO protection in front of him (pathetic defensive line).  

His biggest issues as a pro as I see it will be covering crossing routes that come in to his area in zone coverage.  He seems to get a bit preoccupied with preventing a QB from scrambling.  That being said, I don't know if that is what he was ASKED to do.  If I were a pro scout, I would be asking his coach about his assignments.  

Something I put a lot of stock in, especially defensively, is the Senior Bowl, and he really looked like one of the best prospects at the Senior Bowl.

If the Bengals slide in Rd 3 and get him in the middle 3rd with an additional 4th, I will jump for joy.  The only reason I don't want him at the top of the 3rd is I am hoping Dugger or Chinn are there and we snag our SS for the next decade.  I like Dugger a bit more because of his punt return ability and his attitude.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - McC - 04-17-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - SHRacerX - 04-18-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - CJD - 04-17-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - Mobster - 04-17-2020, 08:36 PM
LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - BenZoo2 - 04-17-2020, 09:43 PM
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - Mobster - 04-17-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - shanebo - 04-23-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - CJD - 04-23-2020, 06:57 PM
LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech. - BenZoo2 - 04-24-2020, 12:46 AM