Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want the Bengals to stay away from?
(04-18-2020, 12:12 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Zach Baun

(04-18-2020, 03:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zach Braun.

What do you guys dislike about Baun? Just the fact that he's a tweener? Or fears that he doesn't have the range to play off ball linebacker?

(04-18-2020, 09:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: When it comes to LBers I don’t want them to take another run stuffer early. Really want a guy who can do everything right away or can be taught to be even just an average run stuffer. 

Definitely not Willie Gay. Too many red flags and not enough lateral quickness.

(04-18-2020, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post CJD, I understand all your concerns about all those guys. Still think Mims is really sly at pushing off so of
the guys you listed I still like him at 33 with his size and speed and subtlety. The one guy I want us to stay away from
is definitely William Gay Jr.

This dude punched his QB in the face, cheated in college and has other flags with his attitude. It is okay with me if you
have one occurrence, maybe two and it matters about the situation but it is a sign when you have multiple occurences.

I'm on board with avoiding Willie Gay Jr. I am very tempted by his athleticism and agility, as well as the passion he plays with. But he seems like a Vontaze Burfict style player. You'll love him for the energy and ability he has on the field, you'll hate him for the brashness and unnecessary issues that keep him off the field.

If he were there in the 4th or 5th, I think I'd be forced to take a long look at him simply because of how good of a talent he is, but before that I'd avoid him as well.
Is there any point at which you would consider him?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you want the Bengals to stay away from? - CJD - 04-18-2020, 04:43 PM