Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy?
(10-16-2015, 11:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This a close analogy but I would take it one step further, something like this.

Your old car, while it ran and got you from point A to point B, it wasn't that good or fast and it knocked while going up hills. You buy a new car, the same make and model but it has the top of the line engine and all the bells and whistles. This new car, you decide to put the recommended gas into the tank, 91 Octane. The old car, you put the cheapest gas into, 86 Octane even though the manufacturer recommended 91 Octane.

Even now, if you were to put 91 Octane into the old car, it would have run better, gotten better mileage and the knocking would stop going up hills. The old car still isn't as good as the new one, but it is better.

The gas is the different Dalton's.

Fair enough. Thinking of gas I finally got a new riding mower and only use premium, alcohol free gas in it. So far it's run perfectly. Since I only use it maybe once a week I can afford premium, but can't afford it to drive all over town in the car. Andy seems to be running on premium alcohol free gas this season. Wink
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy? - grampahol - 10-16-2015, 11:46 PM