Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we go tackle in the 2nd
(04-21-2020, 12:09 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: People keep bringing up Tackles; but, we are just fine there now. Jonah, Hart and Fred will all be just fine with Burrow at QB. 

Everyone has forgotten that Jonah did not give up 1 sack all year long in his Senior year. He's a technician, takes the game like a business, and will be just fine on the left side. 
And, Hart gave up 6 sacks and countless pressures last year. But, he had a QB who couldn't feel pressure and was "shell shocked" most of the time whenever pressure came his way. 

Now, the next time someone gets around Hart off the edge, they have Burrow who loves to step up in the pocket and scramble to his right. It's his favorite thing to do in all the games I watched him in. 

So, Hart (or Johnson) should give up less sacks this year and we'll be fine.

We need the help at LG now, with more competition at RG as well. That's where I see them attacking this draft, 3rd or 4th rounds. 
The only other high up move I can see them doing is Isaiah Wilson with their 2nd round pick (maybe after trading down). 
And, moving him inside to RG his 1st year. Dude is 6'6", 350 lbs. I'd love him at RG for us as a Rookie. Xavier could move over to LG if needed. 

Guard is our biggest need on Offense, you make some good points here.

Jonah was the best OL in that entire Draft no doubt. I just want to see it come to fruition before we say it is set in stone.

Xavier should be LG as that is where he plays the best. RG is where we need an upgrade big time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we go tackle in the 2nd - McC - 04-20-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: I think we go tackle in the 2nd - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-21-2020, 12:27 AM
I think we go tackle in the 2nd - BenZoo2 - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM