Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we go tackle in the 2nd
(04-20-2020, 09:49 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I'd be happy with a tackle at 33. I doubt Josh Jones is available though. I just don't see him making it past the Packers, if he makes it that far.

It really depends how the 1st round goes. We'll have our choice of a solid edge player, possibly a linebacker that falls... There will be a safety or two we could take, although I'd rather see another position after adding Bell. Tackle is certainly a possibility. WR. There's a lot of options. I don't want that tight end from Notre Dame though--he can't block. There will be some good running backs available if they are wanting to move on from Mixon. I'd rather not though.

Yeah, I'm prepared for Jones and another OT to be off the board, as well as Queen and Murray at LB.  The trade down option could work for Cincy may become the best option.

-I want a OT, but  BPA could become a guard like Ruiz, Simpson or Cushenberry and start.  There are so many B- level tackles like Wilson, Jackson, Niang, Cleveland and Hunt. As long as you land one of these guys by the top of the 3rd you're good. 

-You can tell by this thread that they can go any number of ways at 33 but have two needed starters at OL and LB.  Dealing down a few for an extra 4th lets you do both and still land a BPA at WR, Rush LB/Edge or a steal at another position.  

Jacksonville has a glut of picks and could deal two late 4ths and only move 10 slots.  That gives you your tackle options in either the 2nd or 3rd or maybe Baun is there at 42. Scenario A: Baun in the 2nd, Niang in the 3rd.  Scenarion B: Wilson draft (Isaiah in the 2nd, Logan in the 3rd).  That leaves you with 3 picks in the 4th to get some quality prospects, and either way a starting OL in hand already. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we go tackle in the 2nd - phil413 - 04-21-2020, 12:35 AM
RE: I think we go tackle in the 2nd - McC - 04-20-2020, 11:11 PM
I think we go tackle in the 2nd - BenZoo2 - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM