Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People shitting bricks over Disney movie about white "princess" of Africa
(05-29-2015, 03:40 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Tiana is African-American and from New Orleans; so she was the first 'African-American princess'.

(I've seen 'The Princess and The Frog' about 235 times. My daughter loves it.  It's actually really good.)

She was an American waitress. Not African, and not princess of anything but a one-day Mardi Gras parade.  Tongue

I'm with you guys on people getting upset over nothing, but people love to rage at Disney about this sort of thing. They saw a trend of white protagonists emerging (Because guess what? Hans Christian Andersen & the Brothers Grimm were Danish and German, respectively) and started to find fault with every little thing. People get mad about this nonsense all the time. Mulan is "too white", Frozen promotes lesbianism, Merida shouldn't be wearing a dress in the park, she hates dresses!

How fortunate are we to live in a time when people are so bored and content that they'll make s*** up to complain about?

Messages In This Thread
RE: People shitting bricks over Disney movie about white "princess" of Africa - Ryuko - 05-30-2015, 10:19 AM