Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Prospects Under the Radar
(04-21-2020, 11:29 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure why you say that? He's had triple digit tackles in 3 of his 4 years at Wyoming. His Freshman year he only had 94..... 9 PBUs in 4 years is pretty good from an ILB position also..

Go look at Nick Vigil's stats in college. Logan Wilson reminds me of Vigil who also looked all-world in college. Limited athletic upside and a good college player. In the NFL, you can either define yourself as a MLB by your athleticism (which plays into coverage and securing the edge) or by being superb in defending the run between the tackles. Vigil always looked like he had happy feet which explains his issues in the run game - he was to slow for anything else. I don't know if Wilson has these same issues but he his tape doesn't show the speed or soundness of a 2nd or even 3rd round guy. 

On another note, I also don't like Troy Dye who I think has similar issues. Dye reminds me more of Blake Martinez who many Packers fans thought was overrated. Lots of tackles, but a lot of those tackles came after the RB hit the hole.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Prospects Under the Radar - Au165 - 04-21-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: 2020 Prospects Under the Radar - DYT_Bengal - 04-21-2020, 01:54 PM