Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-22-2020, 01:08 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  In a perfect world (mine of course!) since the Bengals just spent $ 150 million on Defense, every pick would/should be Offense.

Pick #33 should be AJ Green's replacement. They need to get him this year. I know everyone is saying this draft is deep for WR's. C'mon. Do you really think a 4th or 5th WR is just as good as a WR that may have fallen out of the 1st round?? No way.

Then there is this: Mixon. Is he or isn't he?? If he is playing this year. OK. If he's not and he's going to hold out, are any of the RB's on the roster ready to step up and make Mixon a memory. If nobody on the roster is ready to do that, round 3 has to be Mixon's replacement. Unless you can package something and/or trade a player for picks and maybe get back up in the 2nd round for your RB.

That means that everybody screaming for OT's and LBers are now looking at 4th maybe 5th round.

...and since we're in a perfect world, Round 7 is Rodrigo Blankenship K-GA. kid is a points machine...

Hey I'm on board with you on this strategy. But, If all the top RB's are there at #33, we could trade Mixon and get Clyde Hellaire, Burrow's best friend from LSU as well. He's better in routes than Mixon; and, if you want to appease your new Franchise QB and tailor the offense to his strengths, you'll be sending out your RB into the routes a lot more just like at LSU. 
Then,  you can still get a highly ranked WR at bottom of 2nd or top of 3rd round. (WR's like Hamler, Reagor, Claypool, Van Jefferson, etc) could still be there. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33.... - JerseyDD09 - 04-22-2020, 02:36 AM