Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we go tackle in the 2nd
(04-22-2020, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not giving up on Michael Jordan.  Consider how he came on late in the year, coming back after an injury.  As a rookie, that came from OSU, his offseason from College Football was probably one week.  One week after their final game, he started prepping for the combine, then OTAs, then camp, then the regular season.  I see so many guys after their last year of college get to the NFL as just dead wood.  Their sophomore year (in the NFL) gives them time to recover, absorb more of the playbook and training aspects, and be a better contributor.

The Locked on Bengals Podcast had a really nice interview with Willie Anderson and went through his draft process and rookie season and the discussion reminded me of how tough it is for rookies to come in and be quality starters.  Willie said he was really good down the stretch of the final four games and I believe he said from the middle of year 2 to year 6, he gave up one sack and zero pressures (!).  Talk about coming on strong!

I think Jordan has all the tools and with this offseason can come in and own the LG position.  RG is a bit of a mystery.  They really seem to like XSF's tape and, more specifically, the quality of the opponents he stoned in his limited action.  But if there is one place on the offensive line where I think the Bengals believe there could be need to upgrade, it is RG.  And I think Lewis in Rd 4 would be perfect.  I will be sweating out all those damn compensatory picks at the end of rd 3 if he is still on the board.  

Great points, hope Jordan can become a great Lineman for us. Can he play RG is my question?

I know he can play back up Center.

Really wanting Lewis in the 3rd or 4th, getting close, I am excited. Dancing
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we go tackle in the 2nd - McC - 04-20-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: I think we go tackle in the 2nd - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-22-2020, 08:20 PM
I think we go tackle in the 2nd - BenZoo2 - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM