Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OVER/UNDER on Draft Day Trades by Bengals
(04-23-2020, 08:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the only realistic trade is one for Dalton where the Bengals eat some of his contract.  It helps get them closer or actually under the cap, and could yield a significant pick if they are willing to eat a substantial part of it...maybe $6-7 million?  Have no idea if they would actually do that, but if they cut him they may save more money but get no pick.  This way, they are essentially buying another draft pick.  Praying it would be as high as a third, but looking back at Tannehill's deal, it will be lucky to be a 4th.  Worked out well for Tennessee, though, so there's that.  

Mixon certainly COULD be traded for something like a 2nd round pick, but I think the Bengals really like him and he actually will be a great fit for a Burrow-led offense.  I think he was NOT as good a fit for previous offenses here, where he would often come off the field on passing downs and Gio would come in to simply help pickup blitzers.  If the Bengals are going to play to Burrow's strengths (Lord, please), they will have more empty sets and the RB could become a hot route.  Mixon is an excellent receiver and I think his talents as such are wasted.  So, too, are Gio's.  Here's to hoping we use our assets more in line with their strengths.

Price to the Cowboys is intriguing.  Might be a better fit there, and they have a clear need.  I don't see a trade, though, as Price's first round contract and the probability of the Bengals drafting a RG will make him a likely cap casualty.  The Bengals have Hopkins and Jordan as a backup center.  Price has no value here.  Don't get me wrong...I would love it if he somehow netted a pick, as he would have to go through waivers, and a trade with the cowboys is their only guaranteed way of getting him, but I just don't see teams lining up to sign the guy.  I will always wonder how much of his struggles was poor evaluation and how much has been his injuries.  

I give the rest an almost zero percent chance of happening.  The Bengals have high marks for Dunlap and WJIII, and there is next to no value for Williams. 

This will make the draft that much more exciting for us (if that is possible) in that every time we hear:  "there has been a trade involving a player", our ears will surely perk up.  

Put me down for two:  I think they may slide in one round (my guess would be Rd 4, and gain a 5th) and one player.  I am hoping it is Dalton.  It will be better for him, and I believe it will be better for Burrow to start taking the leadership role without Dalton here.  And I would love another pick.  Joe

I agree with most of what you said. But, I'll disagree with Mixon. 
Mixon's WR ability is decent as I stated. But, I'd rather have Hellaire in the 2nd round and his pass catching ability with Burrow than what Mixon gives along with his wanted 8-10 Million salary this or next year. (Or, disgruntled Franchise Tender after this year). You'd think the Bengals would want to try to trade Mixon after next year anyway rather than deal with paying a RB 40-50 Million. They'd rather put that money into more important places on Defense, WR or OL. 
So, why not just trade him now and not deal with any of that stuff after you take Hellaire in the 2nd round and get a second 2nd round pick for Mixon? 
To me, it would be a great trade off. We'll see....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OVER/UNDER on Draft Day Trades by Bengals - JerseyDD09 - 04-23-2020, 07:38 PM