Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its OK now to teach religion in public schools
(10-17-2015, 10:48 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Daniel Dennett, a figurehead of the so-called "New Atheism" movement, has been calling for exactly this for years. I think I agree. Teaching kids how religions have developed and some of their basic concepts and similarities/differences would be helpful in fostering their critical thinking skills.

I have to say I'm (pleasantly) surprised you're in favor of it, as many of Dennett's right wing opponents have been attacking him over the idea for years, seemingly because they don't want religion being taught unless it's to specifically teach children that it's true.

Talking about God is never a bad thing. Although I am sure your atheist buddy here would want to mark all this with .... Well this is made up .... In the end it comes down to who is teaching the matieral. personally I would love to teach this clas. I think it would be quite interesting. And would really invoke some great discussion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its OK now to teach religion in public schools - StLucieBengal - 10-18-2015, 12:04 AM