Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy?
(10-18-2015, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying Gresh is better than Eifert, I think the people who are pro-Gresh are simply saying Gresh wasn't a total crap TE who held this team back.

The guy is an effective #2 blocking TE on a top tier offense in AZ.  I don't see why suggesting he could maybe be doing that here is tantamount to saying we never should have drafted Eifert, or anything.

Gresh was fumble-scary, but so is Jeremy Hill, and honestly as much as I like Eifert I'm still a little "injury scared" for him on a semi-regular basis until he makes it through this season.    

- I think Gresham definitely did hold the team back. Not solely. But he was part of the collective problem. I really don't think he fits in with the current group at all from a play style or personality. He'll be remembered by me as a malcontent headcase. Total disappointment.

- Gresh is gone and lo and behold TE position is producing: Eifert is killing it, I like the two rookies the Bengals drafted. Uzomah is my prediction for diamond in the rough over the next few seasons. Kroft is starting to sneak in some PT. The TE spot looks like it is a backbone for the Bengals now that Gresham is OFF the roster. That is no coincidence.

- If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas year round. The "If this or that happened Gresh could kinda, sorta, maybe be contributing in some way" doesn't hold water. It's just no dice on that line of thinking. The guy had CP and AD as QBs (holy 2 letter abbreviations, Batman!). AJ Green has done great. Marvin Jones great. Eifert is killing it. Even Baby Hawk did well enough to be given a big FA deal early in free agency when he left.... Virtually nobody wanted Gresh and that includes the Bengals. He (allegedly) had 3 scheduled visits late in FA: Packers, Raiders, Cards. Given that the Bengals break their necks to sign their own it says everything we, as fans, need to know.

- Hill doesn't worry me that much. I just looked up prominent NFL RBs fumbles just to see avg. fumbles per year and it turns out that lots of RBs struggle early in their careers with fumbles. Even HOFers. Emmit Smith & Adrian Peterson did for sure. Granted, they didn't share the load and Hill is not yet 1/2 way into his 2nd season, but Hill hasn't been out of control compared to a lot of star RBs. Jury is still out on that, IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy? - PDub80 - 10-18-2015, 11:03 AM