Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They were f------ awesome." Chad Johnson
(10-18-2015, 09:09 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: THIS^^

Chad forgot the most important thing, the "no 'I' in team" deal.

If I'm lying, consider this: He couldn't (or wouldn't) learn the playbook in New England. You have to be a self-entitled schmoe to take a ripe crap all over your last chance. You have to be more worried about your PR guy than your NFL agent. You have to want to "Dance With The Stars" more than dance in the end zone.

Chad was mostly fun, but sometimes he wasn't. 

(And AJ doesn't dive for the turf after every catch.)

EDIT: The Chad Johnson who slept in the PBS lounge after marathon film sessions is NOT the Chad Johnson who rode pine in Boston. Think about that. Where was that Chad Johnson at the twilight of his career? I believe we know the answer. He was "Ocho" and "Robin" and lord knows what else. It's almost inexcusable, really. It's everything we don't want to see in players, and it's quite possibly the difference between NFL HoF induction versus message boards' "rings of honor." {drops mic}

Get real man. Chad was 34 years old trying to learn perhaps the most complex playbook in the NFL on the fly...in a matter of weeks...while simultaneously trying to gel with Brady. Not exactly a simple task. He wasn't traded until the lockout was over, so he basicly had the preseason. It kinda set him up to fail.

Why is it that "Dancing with the Stars" is a bad thing only with Chad? People weren't ripping Hines Ward when he did it. Or any of the other active players. Probably because it's filmed during the offseason and only a flat out hater would use it as an excuse to rip a player.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "They were f------ awesome." Chad Johnson - Shake n Blake - 10-18-2015, 11:14 AM