Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're allowed to be excited about the young LBs AND be critical of the OL position
I really can't hate on the Bengals for their draft approach and FA approach this year. To be honest, they've done a lot of what we're been crying out for for years now. Aggressive approach to building a good team now.

We've drafted OL's for fun in a few recent drafts, we can't keep doing that. I really like that we've FINALLY given full attention to our LBs as I feel we've really neglected that in drafts since about forever. LB is enormously important in the defence (esp in the AFCN) and I feel like it's generally been a weak point for us. So to see us pick up the value we've gotten is amazing.

The OL is of course still a massive issue. We've got Burrow and given him a pretty stacked receiving lineup, so that'll help to bail him out at times. Hopefully we can just run a bunch of formations/plays which are based on quick throws and we can keep him upright that way. Agree with whats been said elsewhere, next year's draft can be OL-heavy if needs be, I really like the value we've gotten in this draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're allowed to be excited about the young LBs AND be critical of the OL position - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-25-2020, 02:26 PM