Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalid Kareem Pro Day, sort of....
(04-25-2020, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He doesn't need to be a sideline to sideline player for us, that is what the Pratt, Wilson and Davis-Gaither picks were for.

Kareem stays in his lane, clogs holes so these guys can clean up along with Vonn Bell and Bates.

I like this pick more and more.

I guess I'm just having trouble picturing what position he plays. If he's a 3-4 olb, doesn't he have to get to the sideline? Is he a 3-4 DE playing on the line? 

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. I like what I see as far as him playing his position well. He's got good size and uses his hands well. If he can develop into a better pass rusher he's got great value. But he's going to play both 3-4 end and 3-4 OLB?

It's hard for a fan like me to evaluate a position like this I guess. Corner is pretty straight-forward. NT. Linebacker, etc. To me Kareem doesn't seem like a coverage guy or sideline to sideline player. But more of a guy that can play well at the line of scrimmage.

(04-25-2020, 04:10 PM)spazz70 Wrote: With all these picks I am not sure what our defense is going to look like...I keep running it through my mind but I see as stated above a 335 nickel for a lot of downs in today's NFL...That would be Reader, NT...Geno, DE...Dunlap, DE with guys like Kareem being a sub in for DE, Hubbard and Lawson, DE/LBer on passing downs and Glasgow and Wren a sub in for Reader...2 LBers, Pratt and Bynes to start the year I would imagine and Wilson later on with ADG in packages...Williams, hybrid and Bell and Bates at Safety...Waynes and WillJ at CBs   Lots o packages I would imagine...Lots of versatility I see also...WHODEY!!

I'm certainly intrigued with our defense. All of a sudden we have 4 promising linebackers (one from last years draft, one FA, two from this years draft). We've got a lot of edge players/pass rushers. We've got a strong backbone with Reader, Geno, etc. We've got a solid secondary that can tackle and cover. I feel a lot better than last year for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Khalid Kareem Pro Day, sort of.... - Bengalstripes9 - 04-25-2020, 04:23 PM