Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever?
Anderson and Boomer were MVPs and made it to the SB but they both played during the Paul Brown era and Boomer showed how much he wanted to play for Mike Brown. Those two are on the top of the pile, but they didn't have to play for Mike Brown, either. Well, Boomer mostly dodged that, but you know.

Palmer and Dalton both seem rather equal to me because they both had to deal with Mike Brown and they both got hung out to dry later in their Bengals careers. Palmer came closer to legitimately threatening to wrest the NFL from the Mannings, Tom Brady, and Pig Ben but Dalton went to the playoffs 5 times in a row. Palmer left in a burst of sour grapes, but Dalton stuck around for 4 boring and god-awful losing seasons in a row that weren't all his fault but really took the shine off his promising start. As disappointing as some of the Palmer-led seasons were at no point were Bengals fans cheering for us to lose so we could draft Palmer's replacement...or maybe some were, there are always some fans that want a new QB every year or two.

Any time I find myself being disappointed in Palmer/Dalton I realize how much we are all hoping that Mike Brown has finally changed his modus operandi now that Burrow is here, so there is that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever? - Nately120 - 04-30-2020, 06:47 PM