Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow's Arm Strength Analysis
(05-02-2020, 05:43 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is a great breakdown of all the former and current top QB's in the NFL.  It is a good read and analysis.  In summary, Burrow is compared to the all time great Joe Montana, Tua is compared to 40 Year Old Brees's arm with 37 year old Vicks legs (ha), Love is similar to J. Allen, and Herbert to Derek Anderson.  

Tua has the quickest release but Burrow makes the quickest decisions ever measured to lock on target and throw.  

Good stuff, PMD.  I find if hard to quantify the trigger time, as the evaluator may not realize that Burrow (as in the example provided) could have already made up his mind where he was going, and manipulated the DB with his eyes (and even a mini pump-fake) and then came back to his earlier read.  Still, it shows his creativity and ability to manipulate the defense.  

The biggest thing I think about with all these crazy metics is how Tom Brady will never be at the top of any list.  What makes him so special?  Some will say they cheat and he has a great team around him, but it is largely his mental understanding of the game and his near-flawless execution.  That is what makes me so excited about Burrow.  When he repeatedly says "I'm all about ball", he isn't lying.  The guy is a study fanatic with an incredible ability to process and "see the entire field" while maneuvering around the pocket.  

I, for one, am very excited as we haven't had a REALLY mobile QB since Jeff Blake.  And I think there is nothing more frustrating for a defense that can stop a team on first and second down only to have a QB scramble for 8 yards and move the sticks on 3rd and long.  That doesn't mean I want him running and taking hits, but his ability to scramble and avoid a big hit with a slide or out of bounds run is a huge asset.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's Arm Strength Analysis - SHRacerX - 05-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Joe Burrow's Arm Strength Analysis - JSR18 - 05-04-2020, 08:45 PM