Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overated starter/Underated starter
(05-02-2020, 03:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My main concern with him is that I don't expect Lou Anarumo to be able to get more (or really even the same) out of a player than Mike Zimmer has.

It seems like when you sign a guy who has been really well coached, you're buying them at likely their peak. If you can't provide an equally good coach, that peak will begin to drop.

You have a good point.

Coaching staff: Most overrated by the team, media and many fans. It's a trifecta of overratedness.

They managed to make a 6 win team into a 2 win team and get the top pick in each round. Okay, so what are they going to do with these guys now? Are the coaches going to suddenly coach better? Will the play calling make more sense or will we still see QB sneaks out of the shotgun on 4th and 1?

The team did improve in the second half of the season last year going from 0 wins to 2 wins, but was still loaded with bad play calling and schemes. However, when you look at the schedule during the second half they only played against two teams with a winning record in the second half so that even knocks down those two win a notch.

With all the hype about the draft and the money spent in free agency, this staff, if it's any good at all, needs produce more than 6 wins. I have my doubts that they are capable of this, even with all the new fresh talent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overated starter/Underated starter - BengalChris - 05-02-2020, 03:31 PM