Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pence staff threatens action against reporter
(05-04-2020, 01:36 AM)hollodero Wrote: Isn't the business that let him in way more irrelevant than the VP?

I know I have to wear masks in hospitals, and when I walk into a hospital without one most people will call me an idiot, and only a few people would be troubled about the add-on question if the hospital should feel ashamed as well.

Especially if I were to be everyone's boss and the prime fighter of the epidemic we all fight. 

I have an assumption that if Hillary had done the same, this whole 'should the clinic be ashamed as well' question would not quite bear such importance for you either.

And yeah in that sense, it's a bit much to ask to ignore said assumption.

Not in this case.  It is a hospital policy based upon CDC guidelines as well as organizational/local guidelines.  It is the hospital's responsibility to educate visitors on their policy and to enforce it. Under normal circumstances, most people don't have to wear masks when visiting the hospital except in specific situations when droplet and aerosol precautions are needed.  And even then only in specific locations within the hospital. I think we can infer from the pictures they were educated on the policy because everyone was wearing a mask except for the Vice President.  Now, the VP is not a subject matter expert on infectious disease so the hospital should have educated him on why he needed to wear a mask.  Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.  Maybe they did and he refused.  If he refused, they should have refused to allow him to tour their campus until he complied.  I will say this, often there is a disconnect between providers and administrators because the administrators aren't experts in medical care, either, and don't always listen to medical advice.

Part of the reason for the current CDC recommendations for everyone to wear a mask in public is because up to 25% of people with Covid-19 don't show any symptoms.  Even if Pence tested negative that morning, he could still be an asymptomatic carrier because sometimes you haven't been infected long enough to turn the test from negative to positive.  That's one of the reasons we need to do serial testing in some cases.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pence staff threatens action against reporter - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-04-2020, 10:17 AM