Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pence staff threatens action against reporter
(05-04-2020, 11:39 AM)hollodero Wrote: I understand.
There are also things I don't know, like what happened before the visit. Maybe they were just told by secret service to shut up and the VP will of course carry on and do as he pleases. Then what do you do. Pull your gun and arrest them? Threaten seppuku?
Maybe it was not quite that extreme, maybe people just thought, well the actual risk is quite low and maybe it would be better for us and for all current and future patients to not pick a fight with Trump world. And one could sure debate if that is understandable or not understandable, but I really deem that a less relevant discussion. For starters, I don't even know the circumstances. The one thing I know is Pence is standing there without a mask, setting a horrible example and that he is the one to blame for himself. And to his credit, he seems to admit as much now.

Either he knew the policy and refused to wear a mask or he didn't know and didn't follow CDC recommendations.

1) If he didn't know it is up to the Mayo Clinic to educate visitors of their masking policy.

2) If he did know, but refused to mask it is still up to the Mayo Clinic to enforce their policy when visitors are non-compliant. Even VIPs.

From experience, I can almost all but guarantee a hospital administrator waived Mayo's policy for the VP or more likely just looked the other way rather than confront the VP for not wearing a mask.

If you're average citizens walked in off the street to visit a family member at the Mayo Clinic, do you think the Mayo Clinic would allow them to walk around without a mass?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pence staff threatens action against reporter - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-04-2020, 12:21 PM