Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-04-2020, 02:21 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Logan Woodside and Auden Tate?

Isn't that what we're basically going to have with Jonah Williams and Fred Johnson's one start between them (assuming Johnson beats out Hart, which is what everyone wants).

I don't think the article was necessarily disagreeing with the idea that several positions needed revamping, but was rather arguing that O-line should have been prioritized more when you have a rookie QB.

I think QBs would take the O-line over a defense if they couldn't all be fixed at once.

Maybe.  Then again maybe a QB would want and arsenal of weapons to distribute the ball to like Burrow had at LSU.  Hence Higgins in round 2.  Burrow's o-line was just okay.  None went on day 1.  Only 2 went on day 2.  One was a UDFA.  

On the other hand, 2 of his offensive skill counterparts went in round 1.  He's going to a team with 2 top end receivers that can't stay on the field.  I think it's every bit a justifiable to take a receiver as it is a OL.  

Add this to the fact that Mixon hasn't exactly had a lot of trouble running behind the current group, and I think holding off a year to allow for development before burning it down is justifiable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - samhain - 05-04-2020, 06:09 PM