Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overated starter/Underated starter
(05-03-2020, 04:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A DB may be good in zone coverage but isn't physical enough to play press man.

But any DB who can play man should be able to play zone just as well.  It does not require any different ability or skill set..

Sorry but we are talking about Trae not dbs in general. Trae has proven he's physical enough for man and doesn't miss his tackles like Dre.

And they are completely different concepts. 

I can cover my man and stick with him. However if I am responsible for a zone. And then multiple people enter my zone I have to play one or try to play both and rely on the guy who is responsible for the next zone that they enter. 

Zone requires much more quick mental processing than 1 guy sticking with his assignment and if 1 guy screws up in Zone it can mess the whole defense up and leave a guy wide open. Where as on Man, you still have a safety over the top to help. 

Gee I understand PFF isn't perfect, but I'd trust their analysis waaaay before I would yours. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overated starter/Underated starter - Mike M (the other one) - 05-04-2020, 06:37 PM