Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-03-2020, 11:52 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I read this article yesterday and it didn't have the XSF signing in it. It actually said the team didn't sign any o-lineman in free agency. So, the premise the the team hasn't done anything to improve the online just isn't true and the writer already had to correct it. Now, I am as big a critic of this group of olinemen as anybody and I think the team has put faith in the wrong players, but you can't say they haven't done anything.

LT - Frist rounder
LG - Fourth rounder
C - Solid vet
RG - Open competition between a second rounder, first rounder
RT - Open competition between the worst RT in football and a promising waiver wire claim

Backups competition - Adeniji, Prince, Dugas, Redmond, Cordasco and Knipfel

So, in my opinion they could have done more/different at the RT spot, but the rest of the line has some intriguing options that could turn out pretty well.

From everything I’ve read the team is high on Fred Johnson’s development at RT. That being said we have no idea how good Jonah Williams is yet and the only position we can say is solid really is Center and even Hopkins is average. I think they’ll be better than last year but nobody honestly knows how good our OL is going to be.
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - TSwigZ - 05-05-2020, 06:32 PM