Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-05-2020, 07:16 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Came into this thread late and I'm not sure what you guys are arguing about, but I did want to talk about the O line. There are only a few options out there that would improve the situation at this point as I see it.

Larry Warford. Currently under contract with the Saints, rumored to be either dealt or cut. I think they'll actually take him into training camp, and cut/trade him if he doesn't win the starting job. Either way we'd have to beat other teams to the punch for a guy who is, per rumor, falling out of favor with the Saints, and who wouldn't have TC to learn our scheme.

Joe Thuney. Pats have until July 15 to reach an agreement with him to lower his cap number. I'd give up a #2 in 2021 for him right now, as long as we had a new deal in place for him, but I doubt we will.

Kelvin Beachum. Probably washed up as a starting tackle, but has played guard before and could start there for us, sliding out to OT in an emergency. But, at this point of his career he'll probably wait until TC to sign. I wouldn't hate it at all.

Jason Peters. At the end of a hall of fame career, Peters will wait for a serious contender to have an injury at OT. No way he signs with the Bengals.

Brian Winters, NYJ. Rumored to be cut but hasn't been yet. That could happen in TC if he doesn't win the starting job, but then again if he can't win a starting job on the Jets O line how much help could he be here? A veteran in decline. Meh.

How is it that you know this?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - McC - 05-05-2020, 07:23 PM