Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-05-2020, 08:55 PM)samhain Wrote: Correct me if I misremember, but aren't you the same guy that used to argue that third round picks were basically guys with no real shot at starting on NFL rosters in year 1?  I'm almost positive that you made that assertion when arguing against other board members who suggested that Marvin wouldn't play rookies.  

Third round picks are usually very good players in college.  It is possible to be a very good player in college and not be an instant starter in the NFL.  As I pointed out the three LSU O-linemen drafted were all first or second team All-sec.

(05-05-2020, 08:55 PM)samhain Wrote: So are the LSU linemen just not that great or have you changed your view of 3rd round picks?  I mean, if they were the reason for all of LSU's success as you suggest, wouldn't some team want one of those dudes starting on their line immediately?  

I never said the o-line was the reason for all of LSU's success.  Go back and read what was actually said.  I jus dared to suggest that Joe Burrow had a good O-line at LSU and a few people lost their shit because I dared suggest that he did not win the National Championship all by himself.

(05-05-2020, 08:55 PM)samhain Wrote: If having 2 OL that get taken in the 3rd round make your quarterback into a Heisman-winning-national-champ-first-overall-pick-statistical monster, then why didn't Georgia win a national title?  

Again, no one said that.  It is just a straw man you created because you can't logically disagree with what I actually said.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - fredtoast - 05-06-2020, 02:27 PM