Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-07-2020, 06:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Just so we're clear, you don't understand how a play like this:
[Image: 001a3810-1e1b-11ea-a1fd-9b04ddff03ae]

would count as a longer drop back, despite being extreme pressure allowed by the Oline?
He understands, he's just on a mission to prove JB ain't all that. Then he back pedals just enough to pretend he was on board just in case JB lights it up.

(05-07-2020, 06:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: First link has passer efficiency for each college QB. Burrow at the top with 202.00

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

Second link has a discussion on Burrow 'under pressure' and says the following. "When pressured, Burrow still completes 73.9 percent of his passes, a clip 9.5 percentage points better than any other player in the country and the top mark produced by any QB since at least 2011.4. He also has a 211.2 passer efficiency rating, the highest among qualified passers over that stretch, and has thrown 19 touchdowns, five clear of any other QB in a single season."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-joe-burrow-the-most-efficient-college-qb-ever/

AKA, his passer efficiency rating is actually higher than his average when he is under pressure.

I couldn't find the original video where I saw this, but they said he was the only QB who had a passer efficiency rating increase when under pressure, other QBs saw declines. I can't unfortunately find that video.

He understands

(05-07-2020, 07:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, it's shouldn't be difficult to grasp the concept that the QB sometimes has to hold onto the ball longer due to nearly immediate pressure disrupting the play...forcing him to scramble, improvise and take longer to throw than planned.

(05-07-2020, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Also a great picture of amazing body control and arm strength, throwing a 50 yard dart while under heavy duress.

He's just average, what made him was this all world Oline  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - bengalfan74 - 05-07-2020, 11:33 PM