Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at broken tackles from 2019
Hell has frozen over.  I am actually agreeing with i mpactplaya on multiple points here.

(05-08-2020, 10:18 PM)i mpactplaya Wrote: And i think missed tackles it really starts with attitude and desire 
Your down by 13 with 3 minutes to go. 
How many times have we seen arm tackles , guys not wrapping up  etc 

This happens A LOT. Tackling is like rebounding and playing defense in basketball.  There are certain fundamentals you have to master, but most of it is just desire and determination.

(05-08-2020, 10:18 PM)i mpactplaya Wrote: One thing I recall about Lewis playoff teams his defenses has really 
Fundamental tacklers. 
With teams hitting less in practice now , maybe that affects the Sunday tackling i dont know

When one player is a bad tackler you look at the player.  When the whole team is bad at tackling you look at the coaches  I don't know if the players are lacking technique or desire, but I look for the coaches to address this problem with some other changes besides just shuffling in new players.  Being out of position or taking bad angles can also make tackling harder.  It is much easier to complete a tackle if you are getting a clean shot at the ball carrier instead of just being lucky to get an arm on him.

Less contact in practice may hurt tackling, but it would be equal for all teams.  As bad as the Bengals have looked they are still not close to the worst in broken tackle percentage.  I have not compared the numbers, but it certainly did seem like the defenses under Zimmer and Geunthar were much better at tackling.  Maybe the whole league just looked better back then.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look at broken tackles from 2019 - fredtoast - 05-09-2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Look at broken tackles from 2019 - J24 - 05-09-2020, 06:00 PM