Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember this Sunday Night Football intro?
(05-09-2020, 10:46 PM)samhain Wrote: LOL.  I live in Lexington, as well.  At the time I still lived in NKY and was dating my not-yet-wife who was here in Lexington.  I had no tickets and wasn't planning on going.  I had two jobs back then.  My buddy called me my at my day job and told me he had an extra ticket.  I had to get out of working that night, then explain to my girlfriend that I wouldn't be down to Lexington after work as we'd planned.  

It all worked out and I had an absolute blast.  I'm not sure if it's the most I've ever had to drink at a game, but it was damn close, lol.  Some of the games in the early Palmer/Lewis Era were incredible.  It was exciting to watch them become a relevant team again.  Some of my best memories as a fan came from that time.
Wow. Small world. Well not that small really. Lol. I grew up in NKY and have been a Bengals (and Reds fan, which explains my screen name) since they entered the league. For this particular game my best friend and I got tickets early and planned to go. I even reserved a room at the Radisson Hotel in Covington for that night. The tall round one, I think it was under a different name at that time. But as it turned out he, being a native of New England and being a Red Sox fan won a raffle for two tickets for the World Series game in St Louis against the Sox. He sold one of them and kept the other one and drove to St Louis to see the game. And that was the same night as the MNF game against the Broncos. So I went by myself and still had an awesome time. Plus I had the hotel room to myself for the whole night. I had a blast. And my friend was thrilled because the Sox went on to win the World Series for the first time in a million years. Hard to believe that was 16 years ago. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember this Sunday Night Football intro? - BengalRed - 05-09-2020, 11:37 PM