Poll: Who was a better Team
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which team was a better team 2005 or 2015
2015 far and away. The 2005 team was damn good but mentally weak. Fighting in the locker room during the half of a playoff game they were still leading was just the last symptom of a systemic problem. Chad's penalty on what would have been a touchdown play vs Jacksonville is another good example of a really good team being mentally unprepared and weak. They spent the entire game setting up that one play and in the moment of truth it was ruined by a gad damned false start because our elite receiver didn't have his head in the game.

In 2015 we lost our starting qb and would have still won a playoff game until dumb and dumber threw it away. We can argue about how fair those calls were until we are blue in the face, but the Burfict hit specifically was totally unnecessary and gave Jones an opportunity to finish it with his own inability to control his emotions. 2015 the issue was a lot more clear cut and Marvin's refusal to see it ultimately cost him his job and rightfully so. I would have rather had a less talented defense than deal with the personality disorders we had on that side of the ball.

I guess overall 2005 was more emotionally fulfilling as a fan because of the playoff drought and the amazing moment when we clinched the division for the first time in my adult life. I remember attending the Vikings game that year and just not believing what I was seeing. They played "I'm a Believer" in the stadium and literally everyone sang along and danced. It is still one of my favorite moments ever in sports. 2015 was just so ugly at the end. I loved a lot about that team and but the ugly ending after finally slaying the dragon for all intents and purposes only to have character issues toss it all away is still a bitter memory and will be for a while.I mean they finally were going to not only win a playoff game but on the virtue of beating the ####### stealers and just gave it right back.

Gonna hit the post reply button before this turns into a rant.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which team was a better team 2005 or 2015 - Cicero - 05-10-2020, 03:42 PM