Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
For those that can remember the Blake years
(05-11-2020, 01:44 AM)Mobster Wrote: That doesn't contradict anything.

. "Unfortunately, the Bengals' contract offer wasn't enough for him to stave off his career change for another year."

Boomer would also say later that he was disappointed that when they were talking about his return and, negotiating, Mike Brown told him he  should take the MNF job. He was expecting to come back, and wanted to come back. Fans were expecting him back. But Mike Brown let it be known he wasn't going to make a competitive offer. Boomer felt a little jilted and said fine, I'll leave.

So I give you a primary source  that shows the Bengals offered a contract which others on here said no contract offer he was shown the door and he mentions the openness to signing a multi year deal but because of the once in a life time chance it has to be a good deal.
That is a long way from Mike showed him the door....
He had a nice short run at end of his career but he was 36 I'm not giving him a high multi year deal either. And it does not seem any other team jumped on signing him either.. you might differ on the offer the Bengals gave but you cant continue with he was not offered a contract and sent packing... if so please find a article that says that..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that can remember the Blake years - Essex Johnson - 05-11-2020, 08:16 AM