Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
For those that can remember the Blake years
(05-11-2020, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is horrible to say, and people will likely attack me for it, but Blake had an "issue" not many knew about.  ALLEGEDLY, there were numerous cases of Jeff Blake having women come to Riverfront, Cinergy, or whatever the name was at that time with paternity suits against him.  He was married and had a decent sized family, but there were a lot of issues with infidelity that lead to women trying to get money from him.  

There was a time when he, Pickens, and Darnay Scott lockered near each other and it was referred to as "cancer corner" as the three of them were seemingly so negative in relation to the rest of the team and, more specifically, coaches and ownership.  Attached is a link to what Blake believes was the reason for the lack of interest from the Bengals, but I believe the issues with the paternity suits and the fact that he struggled to attack teams in the middle (potentially a product of his height) when teams dropped safeties back to take away his amazing deep ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uex37qilQtk&t=09m38s&ab_channel=D%26HSports

The interview continued to discuss the importance of a mobile QB in today's NFL and Blake was playing at a time where there were not as many black QBs in the NFL, but I will tell you...the Bengals had a real problem with those paternity suits showing up at their offices.  And, again: ALLEGEDLY, there were quite a few of them.

I loved the guy and loved watching him play.  He was a brief spark in a very dark decade.   

Blake was listed at 6' which means he was actually 5' 10 and 1/2". I've always felt the opposition started learning to apply the pressure up the middle and get their hands up and he couldn't see very well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that can remember the Blake years - bengalfan74 - 05-11-2020, 09:43 AM