Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals are interested in Warford
The account appears to be something related to sports betting, and I sincerely doubt it has any inside information of note. It does have over 141k followers, including Jason LaCanfora and Adam Schefter, so it's not "bogus" in the same way that Profootball411 account was bogus. But really, anybody could've guessed that those 5 teams were the most interested without having any real information. Just Google "Larry Warford interested in" and stories come up, posted mostly by fans, about whether those teams should sign him or not. So it's a sports betting account that passed off some obvious possibilities as a "report." A bogus report from a glitzy, click-baity type of account.

So a few other responses to this thread, regardless of the legitimacy of the "report." Any deal Warford signs will likely be a 1 year deal, so I don't think it takes OL out of next year's draft.

Also, I doubt he'll get 7 million, because any team could've traded for him at that and declined to do so. I think he'll get like 3-4 million, and then a bunch of incentives where he can get close to that 7 million figure. We could make some of those incentives weigh-in related, like I believe we did with Andre Smith. He was in the 330s coming out of college, but cut down to 317 with Detroit (where Callahan and Golden both coached at the time) and was much more mobile. It sounds like with New Orleans he ballooned up again - and if you look at some youtube Saints video he does look fat and slow - which got him cut. A one year prove it deal where he has to be on the active 46 and under 320 lbs to make his money, well that would be sweet.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are interested in Warford - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-12-2020, 10:50 PM