Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals are interested in Warford
(05-12-2020, 11:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of the 5 teams. though I don;t know cap space for the Teams.. Texans and Buffalo should have a clear advantage.. they are the only winners of late of the teams.. Buffalo loves to run the ball so that is a plus for the and Texans have a dynamic QB..

Im going to pick Texans sign him

Ok, so bearing in mind that the report itself is almost definitely bogus, but being based on dot-connecting speculation might accidentally bear some accuracy, let's look at the other teams' situations: 

Dolphins - hard for me to believe. I think every FA gets connected to the Dolphins because they have lots of cap room. But they signed Ereck Flowers at LG in free agency, and drafted Rob Hunt as a RG in the second round this year. Now perhaps they don't think Hunt is ready, but they do have other bodies like Michael Dieter available. 

Texans - Their OL is basically in place, and they have to extend Deshaun Watson. The issue is that their RG, Zach Fulton, is overpaid at something like 7 million. From what I can tell he's the lightning rod of scorn for fans, like our version of Bobby Hart. Maybe they want to cut him, and would have no dead money in doing so, and sign Warford. But last I knew the Texan ran a lot of outside zone, which wouldn't play to Warford's strengths, but maybe that has changed. 

Jets - so they signed a bunch of mediocre interior linemen this year, I guess hoping to sort it out in camp. Warford would be an upgrade. They're also rumored to be cutting their long time RG Brian Winters, who also seems to earn their fans' scorn a bit, which would clear the cap room to sign Warford. But I don't know - it doesn't look like a clear and obvious fit to me. Alex Lewis is locked in at one guard spot and Van Roten probably at the other. 

Buffalo - Yeah that could happen. The Bills never met a free agent they didn't like. 

Titans seem like a fit too. Not sure why that wasn't mentioned. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are interested in Warford - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-12-2020, 11:41 PM