Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals are interested in Warford
(05-13-2020, 10:37 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I don't think anybody is saying Fred Johnson is doomed to be terrible because he wasn't drafted. I think it's more like the coaches have talked him up as a guy who has tools and could possible start one day, and suddenly message board dudes want to cut our only OT with any experience (Hart) and anoint Johnson the starting RT. That would be incredibly reckless. And not what the coaches have in mind.

It is like Christian Westerman all over again.  Plays one meaningless game at the end of the year and everyone falls in love with him.  It doesn't take much for fans to fall in love with a player.  Vinny Rey played one great game against the Ravens and fans were wanting to build the defense around him.  Cedric Peerman had one long run on preseason and many were calling for him to be a starter.

However, in this case the coaches seem to be higher on Johnson than they ever were for Westerman.

I know Bobby Hart is a favorite whipping buy for a lot of fans, but he played over a thousand snaps last year and only allowed 4.5 sacks with only 2 holding penalties.  I am not saying he is a great player.  I would have no problem replacing him if we find a better RT.  I am just saying he is far from the trash some people here claim he is.  They just hated him for his horrible 2018 season (just like I did), but refuse to see the improvement last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are interested in Warford - fredtoast - 05-13-2020, 10:57 AM