Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals are interested in Warford
(05-13-2020, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The only player I think we should extend would be Mixon.  He not only deserves a raise, but he would be the easiest to get done.  He is only making $1.2 million this year.  I believe he would be thrilled to get a contract at $8 million or so a year that would instantly put $10 million in his pocket instead of gambling that he might get injured this year and never make any more money in the NFL.

We could pay Warford a decent salary and still extend Mixon.  Only problem would be in Warford is expecting $12-$15 million a year.

I think you're way off. Warford "lost" 7 million in salary this year when he got cut. That's why it's reported that he's seeking 7 million, to make that up. And truth be told, when a 29 yo player has weight concerns, late in the offseason when teams have less cap room, it's unlikely he'll even get that, unless it's in incentives. So if we did sign Warford, his cap hit would something less than 7 million. Also, any team could've traded for Warford and had him at 7 million, so it's very unlikely that they'll now pay him 12 million. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are interested in Warford - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-13-2020, 11:20 AM