Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-13-2020, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not post stats about what Hart "might do".  I posted stats of what he actually did last year.
I want the Bengals to always be looking to upgrade EVERY position, but it simply is not possible to bring in the best players in the league at every position.  You have to balance the cost of the upgrade over the amount of the upgrade.  You can't pay 30% more or use first round picks just to improve by 10%.  

Spend the money/draft picks to fix the biggest holes.

That's great Fred. But, you didn't answer any of my questions I posed to you about the Bobby Hart or the OLine.
Why won't you answer those simple questions?
You said you gave stats? I saw your stats on Bobby Hart and are familiar with every PFF grade the OL had from last year.
And, there wasn't 1 OL that graded Average to above Average compared to the rest of the league.
I understand about your statements above. But, to not have 1 OL grading as above average, or not having 1 player playing at a Pro Bowl level on the OL scares everyone. Hence, why there's more talk about the state of the Bengals OL than any conversations on this site.

By comparison, look what NYG have been trying to do the last 2 years now. They have revamped that entire OL in order to protect their Franchise QB. Look what Cleveland just did with their 2 bookend Tackles.

But, it seems as though you are okay with Jonah the Rookie and Hart the Average RT to be the Bookends for Burrow. We'll see how everything plays out; but, I sure hope they bring in Warford to help make that OL even better for Burrow!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - JerseyDD09 - 05-13-2020, 01:06 PM