Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow
(05-13-2020, 02:35 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I never said to bring Warford in to replace Hart. I said to bring him in to just automatically upgrade the line with a good All Pro Veteran at one of the Guard positions. My questions about Hart were separate from that one.

And in regards to PFF grades, sorry but everyone in the football industry uses them (including NFL teams) more than any other source for their player grading. I've seen you several times say you don't like them but it seems to be only when it benefits your stance on a debate. Lol

Not defending Fred, but:

1. No guarantee he upgrades the line. Does he help? I'd think so, but he's not a scheme fit to what we're currently running, thus who really knows at this point?
2. Warford isn't an All-Pro
3. No, they don't use them more than any other source.

PFF has become much more prevalent since Collinsworth jumped in on them (in 2015, when they made the grade change and hiked up the price), especially since NBC has been including them on SNF, constantly, but they absolutely are not the #1 source for player grading; that's still the team itself and they will never use an outside source as the #1 grading tool, simply because nobody knows the players like the team themselves.

And that's common sense.

In his infinite crappiness, PA was bang on the head with his (paraphrasing), "what they constitute as a pressure, may not actually be a pressure, depending on scheme during that play, assignment, etc."

What I think teams use them for is the same thing I've been mentioning that others should use them for and that is their signature stats and oline/dline numbers, as they are one of the few that do record all of this. But for their own grading system? Teams absolutely do NOT use them as their #1 source.

If that was the case, then Josh Jones would have been drafted in the top 10. Full stop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where the Bengals Have Already Failed Joe Burrow - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-13-2020, 02:57 PM