Poll: Who was a better Team
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which team was a better team 2005 or 2015
(05-11-2020, 06:50 PM)jason Wrote: While I agree that hit on Gio was cheap, that hit wasn't a penalty at the time. Some contrived rule that you could hit a guy in the head once he's established as a runner. Conveniently it's a personal foul now.... And yes; Burfict definitely thought they were letting them play. On the micd up highlights you hear him say it on the sidelines

I dislike Joey Porter as much as any Bengals fan, but he and Tomlin played us like a fiddle. I don't think him bring out on the field was a penalty at the time. Mr I Play Better Without My Meds should've shown a lil restraint like every other guy in the huddle... And like Pacman has failed to do time and time again.

Water under the bridge though... Sack up and move on like you said way back then. Usually posts don't stick with me, but I found that one amusing.

Yes it was.  At the time if a player was deemed to have lined up and speared another player with the crown of his helmet, that was considered a penalty.  The argument at the time was that Shazier did not "line up" prior to the hit - which is obviously not accurate based upon the apparent force that was used.  The wording was meant to prevent ticky-tack penalties where there's incidental contact.  That hit was one of his many obvious spears.  I guess maybe they shouldn't enforced the rule properly, eh?

And yes it was.  Porter wasn't supposed to be on the field.  Munchak pulled Nelson's hair.  The Pitt coaches were absolutely out of control that game.  If my livelihood and paycheck depended on the outcome of that game, and I saw them get away with all of this...my word would I be seeing red.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which team was a better team 2005 or 2015 - Bilbo Saggins - 05-14-2020, 03:42 AM