Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This looks like it could get serious
(05-15-2020, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was driving to work this morning and listening about Trump's continuing obsession with bringing down Obama and I got the biggest giggle.

Almost end of the end of this term in office and Trump still can't get Obama out of his head.  Trump will always be mad/jealous that Obama is everything he is not: Smart. loyal, hardworking, well read...interesting.  

So now he will have to face Biden with the shadow of Obama lingering still showing the world that Trump, even while winning the electoral college, has never reached anything close to being "presidential".  And every time Trump will try to crow about "his accomplishments" there will be Obama eloquently showing what a real man and president looks like and how they act.

It must drive DJT absolutely crazy.

Which is why he is pushing the "Obamagate" narrative.  Something Trump calls the worst political scandal in the history of the United States.  Trump wants congress to force Obama to testify (something Trump won't do or allow people close to him to do).  Trump suggests Obama and Biden should be in prison (something he feels was inappropriate for his close allies who had actual trials).

Oh, and Obama is giving a virtual commencement speech Saturday Night at 8pm.  It will be covered by every major network and most of the social media networks plus lots of other online sites.

I wonder what stunt Trump will try and pull to distract from that?   Smirk

If DJT wasn't already on the verge of being unhinged seeing Obama on the campaign trail (should he choose to do that) will push him over the edge, IMHO.

While I agree that Trump is just about everything Obama is not, the biggest thing Trump is jealous of is the popularity. Obama's administration was very flawed, but one thing that Obama had on his side was charisma. The way he got along with a fair share of the press, other world leaders etc. I'd dare say that the majority of people at least respected Obama, and a good number actually liked him. Obama (at least in 2008) was a sort of larger-than-life character. 

Trump's personality wants the same thing, to be noticed and adored. It's why he wanted to be accepted by New York's Elite even though he did very little other than be born with the Trump name to build his brand. It's why he stamps his name on everything from buildings to steaks to fraudulent universities. It's why he brags about ratings of reality TV shows while he's sitting in the White House. It's why he bragged about his ratings even while Americans are dying in the middle of a pandemic. It's why he surrounds himself with family and friends  yes-men during his administration, qualifications be damned. Trump believes that being adored makes you a leader, when the opposite is closer to true. 

So he'll march out his tweets and yell about this "Obamagate" and people like the OP will buy it hook, line and sinker, but I'm pretty convinced that those that they were never going to be swayed otherwise. 

That said.....I still have not the foggiest idea of what Obamagate allegedly is. I'd say I'd hope that the OP would clarify, but I'm near certain I'd get a Trump-esque "It's out there if you look" response LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This looks like it could get serious - CKwi88 - 05-15-2020, 09:35 AM