Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ?
(05-20-2020, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Take a second to look at your own argument.

If Erickson is no better than any waiver wire pick up then how the hell could we get anything in trade?

Why would we even carry more than 4 WR if we can always get another one of equal value off the street whenever we need one?

Try following the thread of the discussion. I started by stating that there were previous rumors that we were offered something for Erickson a year ago, which I'll link below. What I said was that IF that's true and IF it's still the case, then it makes sense now, even if it didn't last year. So your argument that we can't get anything for him is irrelevant... it was all an if/then scenario to begin with. 

So now that the goal posts are back in place, your analysis equates trading to cutting. If it's a trade, you get something in return. And no, I wouldn't trade him for just a conditional 7th rd pick. The question is more "would the return on a trade be more or less than a #6 WR [limited to the slot btw] who makes twice as much as his position will warrant." Of course, if the answer is less, we wouldn't do it. But you sir are ignoring the value received in the hypothetical trade. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/5/8/18537005/nfl-trade-rumors-bengals-alex-erickson-falcons-mohamed-sanu
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who ends up the "3rd WR" at the end of the season ? - Geno_Can_Dunk - 05-20-2020, 09:31 PM